I love curry. Once I had successfully reintroduced some stage one spices, I knew I’d have to make my own “Erin-safe curry” spice blend. Better yet, everyone in our home loves it!
No worries though! I do make note of elimination stage safe spices to include for those who aren’t quite ready for reintroductions.
Before I tried my hand at making my own blend, I doubled up the AIP safe version found at Phoenix Helix, but I added an extra something special. I think lemongrass elevates flavors in curry dishes and powdered lemongrass works beautifully in this mix.
Once I had successfully reintroduced black pepper and ground mustard, I added those as well. I’m *almost* afraid to change it further because we’ve grown to love this mix so much!
- 1 TB organic garlic powder
- 1 TB organic onion flakes
- 1 TB organic turmeric powder
- 2 tsp lemongrass powder
- 2 tsp organic dried cilantro
- 2 tsp organic dried basil
- 2 tsp organic dried dill
- 2 tsp organic Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic ground ginger
- ½ tsp organic ground cloves
- 2 tsp organic ground mustard, omit if still in elimination stage
- ½ tsp ground black pepper, omit if still in elimination stage
- In a half-pint jar, add all the herb and spice ingredients.
- If you're still in the elimination stage of the autoimmune protocol, skip the reintro additions. If you've successfully reintroduced ground mustard seed and black pepper, add those as well.
- Cover the jar with its lid and shake. Store in your spice cabinet until ready to use.