Pear and pomegranate play together nicely and while jicama may have a mild, starchy flavor – its crunch is perhaps my favorite part of this salad. Everything comes together in a matter of minutes if the produce is prepped ahead of time.
I’ve also used the leftover dressing to zhush up other salads and veggies. Best of all, by adding a protein you’ll have a complete meal!
** Making your own Pomegranate Molasses is a good way to have control of the ingredient quality. But if you’re crunched for time, you can try Pomegranate Molasses by Al Wadi or Cortas Pomegranate Molasses.
- 2 TB Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 organic lemon zested and juiced
- 1 one-inch chunk of organic ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch Real salt or Himalayan sea salt
- ½ organic jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large firm organic pears, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 organic pomegranate, arils removed
- 6-8 handfuls of organic spinach or "herbed" salad mix
- Put the pomegranate molasses, lime zest and juice, ginger, olive oil, and salt in a small Mason jar. Cover and shake well.
- In a small bowl, gently toss together jicama sticks, pear sticks, and arils.
- Place spinach on plates and top with jicama and fruit mixture.
- Dress as desired.