I didn’t think this whole “being pregnant during summer” thing through. At least with Bugsy we were living on the moss side where summers were NOT so miserable. Here? Ugh. We’ve had the central air set up since mid-spring.
So, I’ve been eating my hydrating favorites (cucumber and pineapple) and sipping on coconut water (blech). But sometimes I want something a little fancier. Like this spa water.
I usually add a bit of sea salt for a hydrating boost, but you don’t have to.
I’ve also noticed people get bored with “just water” on the elimination stage of the paleo autoimmune protocol. There are more AIP drink options out there than “just water”, but water is easy (and budget-friendly, ha!). Adding some fresh fruit and herbs really helps switch up an uninspired glass of water and makes the task of keeping hydrated not so horrible. 😉
- One pitcher of filtered, mineral, or spring water
- 1 organic orange, sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 8 fresh organic mint leaves
- Add all the fruit and mint to the pitcher of water, stir, and let sit in the fridge until cool.
- Refill your glass or water bottle often and enjoy!
- You can continue to top off the pitcher with water as needed, but it's best to use up the fruit and mint within a day or two.